Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sickened By Google’s Way Of Doing Business

0 comments
I am a current sophomore student athlete at The University of Illinois at Chicago, studying chemical engineering. I was victimized by the Google AdSense program.
Like the many others, my account was cancelled after I had reached my first payout after waiting four months to finally reach the payout.
They did not immediately cancel my account, but I still never received my first paycheck.
They cancelled my account once I had started to earn some real money with the program. For February through May, my paycheck only totaled around $128, after they subtracted more off my final savings. On June 15, my account was disabled, and I no longer had access to the AdSense dashboard.
For the month of June, I ramped up my advertising to bring visitors to my site and really started to make some money. I had accumulated over $460 within the first half of the month, but then was cancelled without notice by the Google AdSense program. This means that I will never get any of the money that I had earned through the program.
This is especially crippling for me, because as a student athlete I do not have much time to work a real full or even part time job while in school. For me, this was a way to make some money on the side, even if I knew that it would not be as much as my efforts accounted for.
I had spent many long nights inside my room, writing for my website, just for it all to be taken away. There are over 65 self written posts on my website, most totaling over 500 words per post at the least. The worst part is, is that I did not commit any click fraud, so getting disabled from the program was a huge surprise for me.
However, now that this has happened, I did some research on the Internet, and found out this is happening to lots of people, just like myself. It seems as if Google thinks that they can just get away with cheating small publishers, just because they have very little say in the matter.
The Google ads have thus been removed from my content, not only because Google has pulled the ads from my account, but they would have been pulled regardless after seeing what Google is doing to other publishers. I am sickened that they feel that this is an okay way to deal with their business, just because they are a large company.

Leave a Reply